If you lived and got your CNA license in Illinois but have since moved out of state, you can still work in Illinois—just as long as your license is where it needs to be with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).

For example, if you got your CNA license in Illinois more than two years ago and haven’t worked as a CNA in the state, the IDPH considers your license inactive.

To reinstate your Illinois CNA license, you must complete this form and email it to the IDPH at DPH.HCWR@illinois.gov.

If you have questions about this form or need additional information, please contact the IDPH at (844) 789-3676.

Did this answer your question?