We’re so excited to have you officially join the ShiftMed team. You’ll now be able to enjoy exclusive perks like Next Day Pay™, Guaranteed Shifts®, and the freedom to fully customize your schedule.
Now that you can pick up shifts and start working, there a few things you should know about using the ShiftMed app:
1. Setting Up Your Direct Deposit: You should have been prompted to add your direct deposit information into the ShiftMed App. If not, your direct deposit can be entered at any time in the 'Menu' of the ShiftMed App (pictured below).
2. Payment Options: ShiftMed offers exclusive benefits like Free Next Day Pay™ or weekly payment options for healthcare professionals that don't want faster access to their pay.
Free Next Day Pay™ is accessible in the menu of the ShiftMed Mobile App after you work your first shift. You can request 50% of your gross earnings the very next business day.
Exceptions are the following:
You must submit any withdrawal before 5 PM Eastern (EST) each day in order for that request to be transferred to your bank account the next business day. Any requests made after 5 PM Eastern (EST) will be paid out on the 2nd business day following the request.
Withdrawals submitted on Friday will be paid out on Monday, while requests made on Saturday and Sunday will be paid out on the following Tuesday.
Use the ShiftMed App properly for checking in and out. More Detailed FAQs are available here on ShiftMed's Free Next Day Pay™ - here
Weekly Payroll - ShiftMed employees are paid weekly on Fridays for the previous pay period worked. Each pay period starts on Saturday and ends on Friday. Pay schedule for review here. If you have used Next Day Pay™, the remaining 50% of your gross pay will be paid on this normal pay cycle.
3. Claiming Shifts: Open the app and find a date, facility, and shift that you want to work - you simply just claim and then confirm to add the shift to your schedule. Once you complete these steps the shift is yours and the facility will expect you to arrive on time and work the claimed shift.
4. Checking In & Out of Shifts: Upon arriving at building, make sure you check in and out of each shift in the ShiftMed app – always remember to get the nursing supervisor’s signature!
5. Calling Out & Cancellations: Make sure you tell us you are on the way when you receive shift reminders. If you need to cancel a shift you’ve claimed, or call out of a shift you’re working, please call our call out number: 1-855-868-0164
*Please note that excessive call outs & cancellations can affect your ability to pick up shifts.
6. Issue at the facility or Have Questions?: Reach us 24/7 at 1-800-485-9002 and a member of our team will work with you or the facility partner to resolve the issue.
New Hire Orientations are also held weekly and you will receive an email to join if you would like to meet other ShiftMed employees as well as getting a robust overview of everything that ShiftMed has to offer. Videos of the orientation can be watched at your conveinence here as well. To join an upcoming live session of the ShiftMed App - please schedule at the following link by clicking HERE (Note completion of this orientation is not required to start claiming and working shifts).
Other ShiftMed exclusive features that we think you'll really like!
Guaranteed Shifts® ensure that you'll be paid in full, even if the facility cancels your shift at the last minute! To claim these shifts, look for the ‘Guaranteed’ badge next to shifts in the ShiftMed app and start putting money in your pocket — guaranteed! Learn more here!
Recommended Shifts is a mini feed within the ShiftMed app that shows the top 10 shifts near you. Your Recommended Shifts are the shifts we think you’d be most interested in – shifts with increased hourly rates, added bonuses, and/or our Guaranteed Shifts® - meaning guaranteed pay!
Get connected! Don’t forget to join the ShiftMed Nurses & Aides Facebook Group! www.facebook.com/groups/shiftmed